I conduct public policy analyzes in both upstream and downstream of their implementation.
- Performed before the adoption of a new policy, the analysis provides to the decision maker all the information required for an informed decision.
- In a comparative approach, the decision supports the decision makers when multiple options are in competition.
- The evaluation of a public policy already implemented assesses its effects and help to judge the value of continuing or expanding the policy.
Analyze public policies is essential to better understand and explain what governments are doing and to understand the impact of their policies on society
Thus, I evaluate different dimensions of a policy:
- Its effectiveness in achieving its objective
- Indirect, positive and negative effects
- Its fairness to different groups
- Its Costs
- Its technical feasibility.